Friday, May 31, 2013

Halsbury Chambers, Napier

Halsbury Chambers, Napier

I took this photo of Halsbury Chambers (1932) in Napier, New Zealand in 1999. I was lucky to catch the vintage car out the front that gives it a bit of a timeless feel.

Halsbury Chambers, Napier

I was back in Napier in April this year and this time I was lucky to get a shot with no cars at all in front of the building. It seems to have faired reasonably well over the last fourteen years.

The little swing sign to the left of the entrance is gone but the arm that held it is still there so it wouldn't take much to put it back. It looks like the current occupant prefers to put its name along the bottom of the windows. It could be worse, I suppose, but I prefer they had advertised themselves in a less intrusive way, perhaps via a small swing sign just to the left of the entrance.

Halsbury Chambers, Napier

No comments:

Post a Comment