Friday, March 25, 2011

Central Terminal, Buffalo

Central Terminal, Buffalo

I visited the Central Terminal in 2009 and was blown away by the scale and potential of the abandoned railway terminal. Built too late and in the wrong part of town to capitalise on the railway boom it stands a forlorn beauty.

It was only after my visit that I found out about the Central Terminal Restoration Corporation who have control over the building. So I was very pleased to see that they recently released a master plan for the restoration and adaptive re-use of this magnificant building.

Furthermore, it was great to come across this report from yesterday's Buffalo News that includes a look at the interior, which didn't look as bad as I expected.

I'll post some more of my photos tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! As a designer I have always the simplistic beauty that comes along with old buildings. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete